LG120 FIRST SEMESTER WRAP UP (ELS105, ALS103, ELS104)

Hello!

We are back and I'll be talking about my experience going through the first semester with ELS105, ALS103 and ELS104.
  • ELS105: NEW MEDIA LANGUAGE
Okay this course is by far my FAVOURITE. Why? You learn about the type of language used in new media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram) and MEMES and you kena buat advertisement and blog entriesss so funnnnnnn. The lecturer will give you a topic in a group, so you guys have to write la. This is my blog: https://imanlfeera.wixsite.com/els105mlg1201b. I designed it! . Next you have to make sort of an advertisement so our group did macam a fake makeup awareness laa. Here's the link, go check it out. On Instagram our class' account is @els105uwu


This course is a lot of fun. But, you really need to invest your time. Editing is not a job you can do overnight haha. My lecturer was Mr. Amirul. He was sooooo funnnyyyyy. He explains what you need to do so thoroughly and clearly. He says things word by word so it's hard for you to misunderstand what he's saying and if you do, you're the problem, not him. I said what I said hahaha. All in all, it was a very fun course and if you get Mr. Amirul as your lecturer then it surely is a blessing!


  • ALS103: LITERATURE
I find this course susah sikit am not gonna lie. You have to read a lot. There's this one 'short story' and panjang dia 14 mukasurat sksksks. Apa apa pun, am not gonna lie not once have I read any of the short stories assigned hahahahah. I read a lot of summaries from different websites in order to understand the story and that's that. Bare minimum hahahaha. But I do encourage you to read, okay. Anyway, this course you learn about how to find the tone and themes, characterization, moral values and all that jazz. You study poems, the author and poet's background amongst other things. At the end of the semester you have a roleplay, which explains my outfit in the pic above. We acted out Mahsuri. It was a lott of fun. You have to come up with the script, hafal and act it out. It was sooooo funnnnnn. Our lecturer was Miss Afifah. She is super soft-spoken and is willing to help you sampai you faham betuuul. She loves discussions and is very straight-forward. She is very understanding and know a student's capability. You are going to have a lot of fun in literature if you get her! Ps: There will be a written test at the end of the semester and it was so damn difficult I almost shed a bucket of tears. Tq.

  • ELS104: WORKPLACE PROFICIENCY 
So, basically this course is Grammar. One of the toughest. Please please please don't use your phone in this class and if you look away from the whiteboard for a second, you are about to be so lost there is no going back hahahaha. We describe this course as The Addmaths of English. You learn about the rules of English. Type of sentences, clauses, passive active voice. Sounds simple. You just wait aaaaa hahahahaha. There will be two tests per semester. I legit thought I was going to fail the both of them. Tapi alhamdullilah I got above average. You just need to understand the rules and it will be okay. Our lecturer was Mdm. Azlina. Let me tell you, she is suuuuper patient. I am dumb, very dumb. I ask her a lottttt of questions and she explained to a point where I am able to teach my friends. I don't think you'll be facing academic problems if you go and ask her things that you do not understand. She is super helpful and kind. Ps: HER SON IS ADORABLE. You are going to have fun in class with her! 

AAAAND THAT'S ABOUT IT! Do drop a comment if you'd like to ask things. 
Bye for now! Thanks for readingg

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments