My Experience: Interview LG120: Diploma English for Professional Communication (EPC) UITM


Image result for interview tumblr
**SKIP TO THE 3RD PARAGRAPH FOR THE ACTUAL INTERVIEW.

Hi! I bet the people who are reading are going to sit for the interview later kaaan sksksks. I'll be sharing with you my experience going through this interview so that you guys won't be shocked when your name gets called for the interview because during my time, I didn't manage to find ANY blog posts about this interview. Yang banyak, TESL interview. Mainly I believe, is because this course is like really new so there weren't many people who wanted to write on it. Before sis bagitau uollz how it went for me, I would like to share my experience attending this interview. I had my writing tests for MUET that very day. I was supposed to have the interview dekat Shah Alam. But my college was in Johor. The second I got the letter for the interview I was elated la obvs. But the seconds that followed it got me thinking.
"How the hell am I going to reach Shah Alam pukul 2:00p.m. when my exam habis pukul 1:30"
It usually takes me 2 hours and a half to reach TBS and another hour to reach home. So I made A LOT of phone calls. To UITM Shah Alam, To UITM Melaka and even met with my English Lecturer to ask her if I could perhaps postpone or sit for my MUET examination early. But, alas I wasn't able to do the latter. Hence, tried to work with the former. After 2 or 3 days macam tu I called UITM Shah Alam and spoke to Mrs. Zainab and she said I could change the interview punya tempat to Melaka, Lendu pukul 2pm. So after muet habis my dad terus pecut from Tangkak to Lendu and I nak termuntah dalam kereta hhaha. We reached UITM Lendu in 30minutes you bayang (the interview started at 2:30 but my dad has a pet peeve of being late and is always 15/20 mins earlier so) SKSKSKS. Anyways, just wanted to share my experience hahaha. Now lets get on with the interview!

Written task

  • There will be both writing and verbal interview. They will give you a topic and you should write a short paragraph about it. ONE paragraph okay. (I wrote MULTIPLE sebab gelabah lol but the lecturer said its fine, next time be more cautious huhu). You will be given one hour to complete this task.
The topic that I was given (if I could recall correctly) "The new government is planning to lower the age for voting from 21 to 18 years of age. Do you agree or disagree with the government's decision?". Something like that la, I remember there were 3 lines of the question  dekat the paper skskss. So, I began writing la. I, for one, agreed to it. Therefore, I highlighted the fact that there are prominent disagreements between baby boomers and millennials when it came to this topic. Also, I mentioned some teenagers are close to clueless when it comes to politics or history. With the implementation of this law, teenagers will feel the responsibility to read about their country. SO. Be sure to do your reading before going for the interview.

Verbal interview
  • There will be 2 lecturers sitting before you from quite a distance. Not that far tho. Just make sure your voice is clear, not to shout huhu.
Lecturer 1: So, tell us a little bit about yourself
Me: *talks about my name, former school, family members and all that jazz

Lecturer 1: So, why are you interested in enrolling this course?

Me: *talks about my passion of English and my plan to take up TESL for degree since I wanted to become a lecturer (but now that I have read more and asked counselors I feel like I'm planning to take up LG240 for degree hehe but, my cita cita hasn't changed).

Lecturer: Okay, so you want to continue with Tesl? Why? Because we do offer a degree program for this course.

Me: *Mentions that I've always wanted to become an educator.

Lecturer 2: Do you know what job prospects could you be doing with this diploma when you graduate?

Me: *I've read the website so many times and was able to understand what this course is for, thus I told them what I knew. Customer service executive (I've worked as a customer service executive for 5 months after SPM) and translator being one of them SO BE SURE TO READ THEIR WEBSITE OKAY

Lecturer 1: Okay, could you tell me what is the current issue that we are facing today? Any kind of news.

Me: *I read about the new law that the government is planning to implement so I mentioned pasal benda tula haha

Lecturer 1: Okay, so you agree. Why do you feel it's right for teenagers to vote when they have no interest in politics at all.

Me: To me, when this law is implemented the government or ministry of education will develop programs to instill knowledge into their students so that they know who to vote themselves. Also, teenagers will be more involved with what's happening in the country which is a first step to curbing problems we face with teenagers nowadays.

Lecturer 1: When you say problems, could you please state one other than this one?

Me: *AH SUDAH HAHAHAHA* Well, the issue of early marriage. I agree the government is planning to raise the minimum age for marriage because I believe everyone needs to be well-educated in order to form a healthy family as their children will always look at us as role models. As parents as well, we need to provide for our family, How could we do that with ease if we stopped going to school.

Lecturer 2: So, you say its fine for teenagers to vote without knowledge, but its not for them to build a family?

Me: *sWeaTING IN MY SEAT* No, I'm saying it's not okay for teenagers to not have the knowledge before voting. Therefore, they should have the sense of responsibility to read about politics before going out to vote.

Lecturer 1: Okay. So, you as a member of the youth. What could you offer to help with the conditions in our country?

Me, dying: I, for one believe that the members of the parliament should include more people my age to voice out our opinions and not have people with the age of 35++ representing our thoughts. Because often times, it's the exact opposite.

Lecturer 1: Okay, I feel like we've heard enough. Lecturer 2, anything?

Lecturer 2: No.

Lecturer 1: Okay, that all. Thank you :)

Me: Thank you for having me.

Lecturer 1: Let me show you the way out.

The lecturers were sooo nice but when the interview started everything got serious which is to be expected huhu.
So, basically. I WAS BUTCHERED HAHAHAHA. I really felt like I didn't pass the interview and when I got back to college. I immediately searched for private unis that my parents couldn't afford hahahaha. But, alhamdullilah when the results were out I got accepted and couldn't be more thankful and happy. 

If you're going to/ have sat for the interview. Do write about it or even share with me in the comment section below! It could help others. That is all from me for today. Don't forget to follow and leave a comment! Byeee

Comments

  1. So, I can't still be a lecturer when I take this course in degree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiii oh my god I'm sosoo sorry baru nampak! And yes, you can. Ambil Masters after degree :)) My new media lecturer took LG for degree then sambung masters in TESL

      Delete
  2. assalamualaikum/hi. I got an interview for this course this month and I was like woah. I've been waiting for it but thinking of my english skills and is not that good and lack of confidence I feel like how can I through the whole day of the interview. Can you give me some tips or encouragements so that I can gain my confident

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiii I'm so sorry I baru nampak your comment! My only advice is for you to be as confident as you can be. Never stop talking hahaha. Jangan malu malu and have funn

      Delete
  3. Hi can u give any tips or advices to those who will sit for the interview?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to sit for it this Saturday!Does MUET is a requirement to take this diploma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiii no it is not. I was from matriks, that's why I took MUET already. Nanti degree dah tak payah

      Delete
  5. do you have any extra tips for the interview? i'm so scared right now because the interview is on this saturday though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii I'm so sorry for the utterly late reply. My only advice is to be confident, never stop talking and have fun! Have faith :)

      Delete
  6. Kakak! Thank you so much for this. I am a fresh "lepasan SPM" and really needed all the help I could get!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, i have interview this saturday for this course at uitm shah alam. Can you perhaps give me some advice on how to do well during the iv? I'm kinda scared right now because i think my english is not good enough 😭:( btw i only got A- for my english in spm huhu.. tbh, i am not confident with myself 😭😭😭 Can u give me some tips or the do's and dont's that i can use during the iv ? Huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I will be having my interview this Saturday,and I would like to ask you some question. After I finished this diploma,can I apply for tesl?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, assalamualaikum!
    First of all, thanks a lot for writing this blog. It's very helpful. So, I'll be seating for the interview on this Saturday. May I know, did you went in the room alone or with others as well?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Siss😭 i punya interview is tomorrow. Soalan dy mmg susah and unexpected and uptodate betul ke???

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to attend the interview this saturday and i dont feel that im ready..im afraid..gosh dang it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to attend an interview this saturday and im kinda afraid..and i wanna ask if the writing exam was only for 1hour only and just for 1 paragraph only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for the late reply but for future comers of the blog, during my time yes. 1 hour and 1 paragraph. Topic of the essay will be given :)

      Delete
  13. Woww, it's great that you able to provide answers to those killer questions 😂 although i'm just reading your blog, i felt tension getting to me tru the screen oredi 😂 i will have the iv next day, verrryyy nerve-wrecking.. overall, it's nice to came across your blog to learn something a thing or two from you. Thanks for making time to write this author-nim ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiii thank you for taking the time to read! Hope you got the course you wanted :)

      Delete
  14. Oh my godd. .Thanks for the blog..i thought the writing test will be the same as tesl since it is the only thing that i found....I gonna have my interview tomorrow...wish me the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that this batch ada grammar test right? We didn't I'm so sorryy

      Delete
  15. hello! i just read your blog and just wanna ask few things . Does the writing test will give randomly topics? my vocabulary isn't much good so I'm quite afraid huhu .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here . I'm struggling to record the videoooooooo !

      Delete
    2. During my time, the writing test was about current news laa so I rasa maybe you'll get anything related to covid or the effects of it to our country, sumn like that because thats the current issue kan hahaha. However, my experience with yours is a tad different because tak silap last batch ada grammar test sekali. So, its important for you to brush up on your past perfect tense, past participle in case masuk laaa. My advice is that you try to be as confident as you can. Try to stutter less and tak perlu pun guna big words to sound smart, yang penting you get your message across. Also, don't forget body language is important! Use your hands to emphasize important things if need be :) Good luck! Course ni best gilaaa hahahaha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments

Popular Posts